
Now that a new school year has started, I realize we need some structure in our day and need for teaching responsibility in a fun and positive way. I've watched some of our friends use the Accountable Kids program and decided to give it a shot and I must say that we have loved it! It's meant for kids ages 3-13 so we aren't using the full program yet since our kids are so little. Cailyn's chores right now are pretty simple tasks that I'm using to teach her daily habits, like make her bed, brush her teeth, put her dirty clothes in the hamper instead of on the floor, etc. We've been doing this for over a month and she still LOVES going to her board everyday to do her "responsibilities." She can earn special privileges/future rewards for completing her chart each day. We've tried to be careful to not focus on getting rewards as the motivation for doing this, but that we are learning responsibility through doing our chores. I really like that she is learning to take care of personal responsibilities and adapting to the flow of the day the without constant direction. Check out their website for more information:
http://www.accountablekids.com/.
I have been thinking about this program ever since you told me. I love how you put those glittery letters for her name. Where did you get those?
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you have had success with your daughter!!!! Looking forward to hearing more about it!
ReplyDeleteSounds great Connie! Train 'em young!
ReplyDeleteThis is a GREAT system! My kids love it too!!!
ReplyDelete